The Piano Adoption Program of the Music Guild is a service for the Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan area. The person adopting the instrument is responsible for transporting the piano and long distances are prohibitive.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT DONATING A PIANO
1. Schools will no longer accept piano older than 30 years.
2. Schools will no longer accept “tall” uprights.
3. Schools will not accept Spinets.
· Contact a local church, synagogue or mosque. Ask if they have a congregant whose child wants to study piano but cannot afford one. Ask them to post an announcement on their bulletin board or possibly announce it from the pulpit.
· Contact a local nursing home, rehabilitation center, senior citizens residence or Alzheimer’s residence.
· Theatrical properties house. (They put material on stage and in movies)
· St Vincent de Paul charities.
· The Salvation Army.
The Music Guild does not pick up instruments. With your permission we will give your e-mail to any interested party. They will contact you about seeing the piano and arrange to move it at their cost.